Table of Contents
Object load ( String path )
- Loads a resource from the filesystem located at path
Resource preload ( String path )
- Returns a resource from the filesystem that is loaded during script parsing.
File Naming discussion
Though it is a matter of preference, for OS-compatibility,
snake_case for all resource files is the most popular convention.
External resources vs built-in resources discussion
- Resources loaded from a file is called external resources.
- If you delete
Pathof a resource, it becomes a built-in resource. In this case, the resource is saved within the scene file (
.tscn) which contains it.
- Whether or not a resource is built-in, it is always loaded once.
Free resources howto
- As such, when a resource is no longer in use, it will automatically free itself.